Friday, February 24, 2012

How to make a sign stay hung on your doorbell!

 I made this sign because unfortunately my doorbell thingy is right outside of my baby's room. And UPS people seem to find it necessary to ring the bell a million times. Ugh. 
At first I hung it on my door with my wreath, but nobody seemed to notice it until AFTER they had rung the bell. Then I tried hanging it on the doorbell, but even a slight breeze would make it fall. I could think of many permanent ways to make it stay, but I didn't want this sign up forever! Then I found these...
 My husband bought them after we painted our cabinets to put on the back of the doors. They're like little sticky silicone glue dot thingies! (I know, I sounded so smart right then.) We got ours at Lowes
I stuck one on the edge of my doorbell and hung the ribbon behind it, and now my sign always stays hung! I imagine you could get the same results by putting a dot of hot glue there and letting it harden. But these seem much easier to remove in the future.
Now I need to find a way to make my doorbell cuter, it's pretty sad looking!

1 comment:

  1. smart! im posting this to pinterest!
    why aren't doorbells cuter?? cant wait to see what ya come up with for that! haha!

    ReplyDelete