Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ugly Soap Dispensers?

 These are my soap dispensers, they were on sale for a dollar. Somehow I lost all my cute matching ones when we moved to TX and didn't want to spend the money to get new ones. They're ugly... esp when I refilled them with ugly orange soap.
 I was at Lowes the other day looking for paint to make an old coffee table into a bench (Exciting, yes? That post will be here once I get around to finishing it!) And saw this Paint, it's textured and looks like a rock. Then I started to get excited, my palms got sweaty like they do when I get into creative mode. Lol. It was a little pricier than I wanted (six dollars) but I could fix EVERY soap dispenser in my house with it! Also, I obviously dropped it, and cracked the lid. I blame my excited sweaty hands. :)
This is the finished project! Isn't it cute? The picture doesn't do it justice. But all you have to do is peel the labels off your old dispensers and spray! I actually love the shape, it looks like a little oval stone. And this was SO easy. I actually completed it when Paige was napping. Success. If you try this project be sure to show me pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea!!!! My mind is spinning with all the things I could do with that paint!

    ReplyDelete